Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No 21 Midnight Brown

I can pinpoint the exact moment that I fell for Burberry's Sheer Eyeshadow #21, Midnight Brown.  It was this photo from The Beauty Look Book and her to-die-for swatches. Since I don't happen to live in CA, mine aren't as lovely. Still, I'll set this off with my own sunshine photo:





Isn't it lovely?  This was actually the second Burberry shadow that I purchased, way back at the end of February.




One of the things I find so amazing and hypnotic about this shade is the shimmer.  This is grown-up sparkle at its best.





Like all of Burberry's sheer eyeshadows, I get a full day's worth of wear with primer, with little fall-out.  Although this stunner is amazing on its own, I've been using it with Almond and Pale Barley.

Here are some swatches:

Outside, without flash:


Outside, with flash:



Inside, with flash:


I find the inside, with flash to be the most realistic.


Like the others, I pulled a few comparison shades to swatch:



Midnight Brown is unique in my expansive brown collection. Texture-wise, it's buttery and easily blendable. This is one of the stand-out products from Burberry beauty, in my opinion. It's a shade that everyone should own.

2 comments:

  1. If I had to pick one eyeshadow favorite from Burberry, it would be Midnight Brown. Do you notice Burberry eyeshadows, in general, wore better as the day goes on (or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest- I start my days so early that if my makeup lasts until the end of my work day it's a small victory!

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.