Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No 19 Midnight Plum

Today's featured Burberry product is Sheer Eyeshadow #19, Midnight Plum. This will be a short post, but I hope to do the shade justice.






Midnight Plum is one of the deepest shades in the Sheer Eyeshadow range.  It's also the deepest purple shadow that I own.





I had a hard time accurately capturing the shade.  In person, there are significant red tones that didn't translate to any picture under any lighting circumstance. 

The swatches show just how deep this tone is.  Outside, no flash:

Outside, with flash:



Inside, no flash:



Inside, with flash:





Let me show you the Burberry purples swatched together:



Midnight Plum is a distinct shade that would be lovely on darker complexions.  I'm still learning to work with it to avoid a bruised eye look.  One of the reasons why I've been purchasing shades like this, completely outside my comfort zone, is to expand my technique and give myself a full range of high-quality shades to use.  This blends nicely, and lasts all day with primer.  I wanted to swatch this for everyone and let them make up their own minds because it's such a deep shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.