Monday, April 14, 2014

Burberry Lip Glow No 20 Pink Sweet Pea

Today I bring you the sister gloss to Mallow Pink, the first product featured this month.  Pink Sweet Pea was a limited edition gloss from the same Spring collection. I purchased mine recently directly from Burberry, but I've also seen it recently at Net-a-Porter.



Pink Sweet Pea is a saturated hot pink gloss that's quite unlike anything else in Burberry's line. There's a serious sheen to it that makes this gloss stand out from a crowd.



I love the pigmented formula of Burberry Lip Glow, and Pink Sweet Pea is a bit out of the box for this line dominated by neutrals. I don't have many pictures to share today, but it's beautiful.  Wear time on these glosses is pretty good for a gloss- a few hours.

My swatches will tell the tale:

Outside, no flash:






Outside, with flash:




Inside, without flash:






Inside, with flash:



I've mentioned my love for hot pink glosses on this blog recently but also how few I own.  I had only one (Chanel Glossimer Jalousie) to compare to Sweet Pea.


They're quite similar, although Sweet Pea is slightly lighter and lacks any of the shimmer that Jalousie has.  Sweet Pea is also lighter in consistency and has an inner sheen that Jalousie lacks.

I love Sweet Pea and hope that Burberry continues to explore brighter shades like this with future releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.