Monday, April 21, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No 04 Gold Trench

Today's bit of Burberry is Sheer Eyeshadow #4, Gold Trench. Ironically, I picked this up just before the Heritage Collection was launched.






Gold Trench is a very warm, slightly bronzey gold.  It's not what I thought it would be, but I love it anyhow.





Gold Trench is one of the deeper, pigmented shades in the Sheer Eyeshadow line.  It has the same level of pigmentation, blendability, and buttery texture that I have come to expect from Burberry singles.







With primer, I get the standard full work day of wear from Gold Trench.  It's a lovely, warm shade that's a flattering neutral. It's a similar depth as Almond but much warmer and has a shimmer finish.

First, let me show the standard swatches.

Outside, no flash:


Outside, with flash:




Inside, without flash:



Inside, with flash:


It's such a lovely shade that will be perfect all year.

I pulled a few comparison swatches:





Dior Greige #1 is in the same neighborhood, but lacks the metallic finish and is less blendable. Among Burberry shades, Almond is the closest.

Overall, I find that Gold Trench fills a need that I didn't think that I had. It's a lovely lid color as a part of a conservative look. I can't wait to play with it this holiday, to be honest.  The Heritage Collection is full of golds, reds, and blacks. That screams holiday beauty in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.