Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No 16 Pearl Blue



I hesitate to blog about this shade because it's simply close to impossible to find.  I spent the greater part of a Saturday calling various Burberry counters before I located one of the last six (yes, you're reading that correctly) shadows in their system.  And since it was out-of-stock everywhere else, I'd wager that these were the last six in the US.

However, Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow #16 Pearl Blue is just so beautiful that I can't help but share it with the world. I'm hopeful that it will be restocked eventually.



Pearl Blue is a beautiful light blue with significant grey undertones. It reads as a soft satin/metallic shade. The subtle glitter in the pan doesn't translate.  This light blue almost glimmers with a metallic sheen.  This shade is amazing.  With primer, this lasts a full day. I find it works best with greys and more greys!

I have a few swatches and a small comparison shot to share:

Outside, without flash:


Outside, with flash:



Inside, without flash:



Inside, with flash:



The flash really brings out the lovely grey undertones in this shade.

I don't have a large number of light blue-grey shades in my collection, but I pulled the few that I had in comparison. I have blue eyes, so I tend to avoid blue shadows.



Dior Bleu de Paris #5 (the center shade) is similar, but about half a shade lighter and sheerer.
Dior Bleu de Paris #1 (upper left) is darker but a similar amount of shimmer.
NARS Island Fever #1 lacks a grey content. It's sky blue.

Overall, I adore this shade. I just hope that it comes back in stock. I found mine at the Burberry counter at Nordstrom San Francisco Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.