Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chanel Le Vernis 623 Mirabella- Collection Reflets d'Ete de Chanel Summer 2014

I'm working my way through the 5 fabulous Chanel Les Vernis shades from the brand-new Collection Reflets d'Ete de Chanel Summer 2014.  This collection is tentatively scheduled for release around 1 May, but some stores appear to be blowing the release date and putting it out as soon as they receive it.  I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus, but I've also read reports of it being in-store at Saks as well.


I'll be honest. Normally, Le Vernis #623 Mirabella would've been a pass because I rarely wear orange polish, even on my toes. However, the lack of many new Les Vernis shades lately caused me to go all-in for the entire collection.  I'm so glad that I bought it.

Mirabella can best be described as the juciest tangerine that you've ever eaten. It looks bold yet chic against my fair skin. I can see myself using this as a pedicure shade all summer (I don't think I'm bold enough to try it in my conservative office).



The best part about Mirabella is the formula.  It's like the bold shades we expect from Le Vernis during the summer snuck off and had a hot, steamy fling with a gel polish- and this collection is the result! It's almost a one-coater, and is naturally glossy.  It dries quickly and is essentially awesome.  Anything you could want from Mirabella it has.



Unfortunately, I've passed on most of the saturated Chanel oranges in the past, so I can't compare it, for example, to Holiday.



Out of all of these, Butter London Jaffa is the closest color. However, the formula and pigmentation cannot even be compared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.