Saturday, April 5, 2014

Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick #207 Camella Pink

This is the product I'd hoped to bring you yesterday, but a day late isn't too bad. Out of the various lippies I've tested, this is actually one of my favorites so far.  Without further chatter, here's Burberry Lip Mist #207 Camella Pink.


Burberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick ($30, 3.5g/.12oz) is described as a lightweight, sheer lipstick that departs a natural looking, dewy finish. Based upon that description, I linked this product in my head with Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine line.  I'm happy to report that these may have a similar concept but are very different in execution.  Looking at the colors in the tube, one would think that these are brighter colors than the Lip Mist line.  That's where the sheer comes in.  I haven't reviewed any of the lipsticks before, so here's a quick look at the Burberry check on the lipstick itself:


Many other bloggers have already covered this feature in detail, but be aware that there's magnetic closure on Burberry's lipsticks. The squared cap will spin into place.

Here's a look at Camella Pink with flash:



Camella Pink is an intense pink completely in my wheelhouse. Where this departs from the various Rouge Coco Shines is the finish.  This is sheer but not shimmery.  It's moist-looking but not shiny.  This tube is so elegant looking that you have to smile.



I tested Camella Pink for several days, and it's become one of my staple lipsticks in rotation for spring 2014 due to the color. It's a beautiful "fresh" pink perfect for spring. I highly recommend seeking out this shade immediately, as it goes with the seasonal palette perfectly.  Wear time is fairly short, but with my allergies and dry office, I don't go more than 30 minutes without drinking.

The Lip Mist formula is very sheer (moreso than Rouge Coco Shine, and with less obvious shimmer), but it's very buildable.  For all of my swatches, I have 1 coat on the left and 2 on the right.  I find that a less shimmery formula offers far more versatility in terms of finding the perfect color for you.

Without further adieu, swatches:

Outside, no flash:






Outside, with flash:





Inside, no flash:






Inside, with flash:



Now that I've given you a feel for this amazing color, here's how it looks on my pigmented lips. Both photos were taken outside, but not in direct sun.

No flash:


 With flash:


Overall, this is one of my favorite lip products I've tried to date from Burberry (and I've tried all three lipstick formulas and the lip gloss). It's a perfect, fresh color that suits me so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.