Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Benefit Rockateur

This qualifies as another unexpected review in my book.  Let me preface this by stating that I've tried many Benefit products, but have been left less than impressed by all but a couple of them.



While browsing in-store, Benefit Rockateur caught my eye.  I remembered reading about a new rose gold blush, so I took a second look.  I swatched.  And then I swooned over the silky texture.  I left the store without Rockateur that day, but returned for it the following morning.





Just take a look at this beautiful powder:




I can't convey one of the amazing qualities of this blush- the texture.  It's one of the silkiest powders that I've seen in awhile.  Like buttah.









Where Rockateur really excels is on the skin.  I applied this very lightly (since I am pale but struggle with rosacea on my cheeks) as not to feel overwhelmed.  For the record, I used Sephora Collection Rounded Blush Brush for application.



I didn't have lofty expectations going in, but I was shocked by the way Rockateur flattered my complexion.  This swatch doesn't tell the story on my face.  I looked radiant.  Rested (and truth told, I wasn't either). Rose gold simply flatters my skin and gave me a luminous, natural glow.  I was so surprised by the effect that I kept staring at my reflection in the mirror and had to remind myself to go to work.  As I said, this doesn't do Rockateur justice.  This is outside, in indirect light.  You can control the shade.





I usually get 8-10 hours of wear from my blushes, which is plenty as someone whose cheeks get progressively redder during the day.

One of the big negatives that I've read about this product is Benefit's major reduction in size without a corresponding reduction in price.  Previous powder boxes (like my Dandelion- one of the few Benefit products I consider a staple) weigh in at 0.25oz and cost $28.  Rockateur weighs in at 0.17oz for the same $28.  For a makeup collector like me, this isn't a big deal since I rarely hit pan on products.  I've been working on Dandelion for a year and there's barely a dent, for example.


Bottom Line: Swatch it for yourself, see if the texture lures you in.

Price: $28/0.17oz

Availability: Benefit, Sephora, Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.