Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine: 87 Rendez-Vous & 61 Bonheur

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine is one of my favorite lipstick formulas on the market- but who doesn't love it?  For the two people who haven't tried it at this point, it's an ultra-hydrating, glossy shiny lipstick that generally lasts a few hours and fades to a pleasant stain.


When I had my Fall 2013 beauty consultation at the Chanel counter, the makeup artist suggested these two shades to me.  I actually had Bonheur in my purse, so we settled on Rendez-Vous.  Since they were 2 fall-appropriate shades, it made sense to feature both of them at once.


Rouge Coco Shine #87- Rendez-Vous is described as "intense blue-pink."  It's part of the Colour collection, designed to be more pigmented and opaque than the original.  My first experience with the Colour collection was this summer's Pgymalion, a LE beauty that I had to get a backup for- and it's no longer available.




Back to Rendez-Vous: It wore for about 6 hours, and left a stain well into hour 8 on my pigmented lips. I find it to be a "fresh" color and although it is intense, it's a pretty color that's appropriate in most situations.  It's less intense than Romance (which I originally incorrectly guessed the tester to be).

And since I brought up Romance, here's a comparison swatch.  Romance is on the left, Rendez-Vous on the right:





Here's Rendez-Vous outside in indirect light, first on my hand and then on my lips:







Rendez-Vous is just as beautiful indoors, without flash:









And the flash highlights the glossiness of the Rouge Coco Shine formula:








Overall, Rendez-Vous is a beautiful vivid, classic color that fits in anyone's makeup bag.

Rouge Coco Shine- #61 Bonheur is described as a "berry plum."  In the tube, its glitter may be intimidating. On the lips, though, it's very wearable.  I have been waiting for fall to roll around so that I could start wearing it again.



It's the sheerer version, which means it lasts 2 hours, give or take- but I'm left with a beautiful raspberry stain for up to 3 more hours.



Here's Bonheur swatched, on my hand and on my lips.  First, outside in indirect light:







Bonheur is lovely inside, first with no flash:












Flash just brings out the glossiness:








Overall, this is one of the most pigmented of the original Rouge Coco Shine releases. It's on-trend for fall, and an alternative to the heavy Bordeaux lips dominating the runway.

One last look at these two lovelies:





Both are available via Chanel, Nordstrom, and most local counters. They both retail for $34 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.