Monday, September 30, 2013

Chanel Rouge Rubis (NOTD)


The final Chanel red to round out the "week" of reds is the brand-new release for Holiday 2013: Rouge Rubis.  I kicked off the reds with Rouge Moire, a brand-new release, so it only seems right to round out the series with another brand-spanking-new release.



This is a more in-depth review than my quick NOTD posts, but this shade will function as such.





Rouge Rubis is the sole new Le Vernis offering for Chanel's Holiday 2013 Nuit Infinite Collection.  It is a cherry red crelly (half creme-half jelly finish).  It is very bright and could work either in holiday or for the bright summer sun.

Outside, in indirect light


I love it.




It even looks good inside.


I pulled a few of my zillion reds to see if I had a reasonable dupe for the LE Rouge Rubis.






Moving from L-R: Lancome 22 is a touch darker and a creme, Julep Jackie is a lighter jelly but close- a similar shade, Chanel Rouge Rubis, Essie Pouf Daddy is the closest dupe but slightly darker without the jelly shine, Dior Red Royalty is darker, Chanel Dragon looks dark in this comparison, but you know how bright it really is.

Of all of those, Julep Jackie and Essie Pouf Daddy come to closest- but nothing is quite like the real thing when you're talking Chanel polishes.

This is a LE shade and retails for $27. I picked mine up at my local counter at Nordstrom, but it's online at Nordstrom.com right now- go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.