Monday, September 9, 2013

Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen



Today, we take a look at my favorite item from the newly-launched Marc Jacobs Beauty line, the Magic Marc'er Precision Pen ($30).

Even as a luxury makeup collector, I blinked twice at the thought of spending $30 on an eyeliner. Looking back, it's been a great investment and after about one month, it's my go-to.



Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen functions like a high quality calligraphy pen rather than a marker. The best part of this eyeliner is the precision control over the width of your line.  Need a pin-thin line along your lashes? Check. Tilt to a near-vertical angle.  Need a thicker, cat-eye look? Tilt your wrist.

Photo taken outside, in indirect sunlight:


Color-wise, it's a fabulous, true black.  There is a bit of sparkle, but it's not the dominant feature of this eyeliner.

In terms of durability, this eyeliner rocks.  I suspect that it would last for a few days if you didn't wash your face (not something I recommend). I routinely have to scrub with eye makeup remover for quite awhile after 19 hours of wear in a day.


The Bottom Line: Probably the best liquid liner I've ever tried.  A splurge? Yes. If you're in the market for a high quality, waterproof eyeliner, worth checking out.

Price: $30

Availability: Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.