Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chanel Les Beiges



I may be a bit late to the Les Beiges party, but I've had the chance to test this product multiple times over the past couple of weeks.  I finally purchased as a part of my overall makeover that I received.





I'm still not quite sure what it's supposed to be.  I do know that I don't buy anyone's claim that using Les Beiges will make one look like Gisele.  Sorry Chanel, it's going to take something more dramatic than powder to achieve that effect.





OK, let's start at the beginning.  The full name of the product is Les Beiges- Healthy Glow Sheer Colour.  It includes a broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen, and comes in 7 shades.  From lightest-darkest, they run 10-70.  For your $57.50, you receive a compact with 0.42oz of product.  Today I'll be featuring No. 10, the lightest shade.




Not to overstate the obvious, but Les Beiges is a departure from the traditional Chanel packaging.  Instead of the sleek, glossy black case with white logo we're used to, Les Beiges have a beige compact with black logo.  The compact is hefty yet not heavy.





Chanel includes a small half-moon brush with Les Beiges, but I've yet to hear of anyone actually using it.  Both MUAs who used the product on me used a large powder brush to pick up powder and equally distribute it.






I find No. 10 to be a great match for my skin, and was surprised at the number of ways that I saw MUAs work with the product. It's the sheer versatility that sold me on the product.

I've had it used on me in place of foundation, as a setting powder following foundation but before color product application, and as a touch-up powder.  I'm quite partial to my Guerlain Meteorites compact as a final setting powder, but I can see myself reaching for Les Beiges to set my foundation, and saving the Meterorites for a final touch-up.




Can you see Les Beiges swatched on my hand? I can't- which is perfect.

Wear time is average for powders on me- 3-4 hours in my oiliest bits, 6-8 on areas like my cheeks.

Overall?  If you're looking for a new setting powder or a fairly good bang for your buck, do yourself a favor and check out Les Beiges.  Darker ladies use a shade or two darker as a bronzer/contour powder, and lighter shades for highlighting.  Since No. 10 is as light as they come, I didn't have the opportunity to test it as a highlighter- and in both times, the MUA stayed away from any bronzing for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.