Monday, September 9, 2013

Urban Decay Stardust Lipglosses



As part of Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty, I recently picked up two Urban Decay Stardust lipglosses ($19 each), Glitter Rock and Andromeda.  I was prepared for more glitter than I'm used to, but these glosses managed to surprise me with the glitter party on my lips.



I initially was drawn to Glitter Rock, the darker shade. It appears in the tube to be a dark magenta, glitter-packed gloss.  Color in the tube corresponds with the on-the-skin swatch well.

Inside, no flash:




Outside, indirect sun:




I have extraordinarily pigmented lips for someone so pale, so I naturally gravitate towards darker shades.  Glitter Rock added just a bit of berry-like sheen to my lips, along with the glitter explosion.





Andromeda is an opal-like nude gloss. In the tube, the pink sheen of the glitter is what catches my eye.

On the skin, it's pretty nude.  Inside, no flash:



Outside, indirect sunshine:



On the lips, it was a much more natural glitter party.  Unfortunately, it's still a bit too much for my conservative workplace. I normally can push the envelope with just one item, and lips are rarely it.



I tested these glosses during the day on a weekend. There is an initial minty experience with them, but they are not plumping glosses. They're a bit heavy, but feel lighter than, say, MAC Lipglass.  Each lasted 2-3 hours or until I ate or drank.

One last comparison shot:



Bottom line: Cute for a night out or to add some glitter to your life. Not necessarily work-friendly, but fun to have in your lip wardrobe.

Price: $19

Availability: Via Urban Decay (on sale!), Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.