Friday, September 20, 2013

Julep Nail Therapy Basecoat

My only purchase from last month's Julep Secret Store was Julep's Nail Therapy Basecoat.  Although I've found a few base coats I like (principally Deborah Lippmann's Rehydrating Base Coat), I'm always open to trying something new.  In general, base coats tend to work best with polishes of the same line. I have enough Julep polishes to justify.





Like other Julep polishes, Nail Therapy base coat is 4-free and is packaged in an 8ml/0.27 fl oz skinny bottle.

I've been swatching a number of polishes lately (look for more nail posts), and using this base coat under many of them.  It's quick to dry, and I haven't noticed any major defects in terms of wear time.  Julep's website claims that this is a hydrating product; that wouldn't surprise me since I reach for hydrating products.

The Nail Therapy basecoat retails for $16/ $12.80 (Maven pricing) on Julep's website.

Bottom line: It's a nice product, but significantly more expensive than the Deborah Lippmann rehydrating base coat that I favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.