Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Dreaming

It's time for my favorite post of the week: Sunday dreaming!  In the first two weeks, I've featured 8 beauty products, and ultimately purchased 3 of them (2x Chanel Rouge Allure Moire collection nail polishes, Kat Von D Shade Shifter eyeshadow, Chanel Les Beiges). So, in a lot of ways, this is a way for me to telegraph my upcoming purchases.

Here goes with quite a few more expensive items than last week- so don't expect to see them soon!  And I'm going to go all-beauty this week since I'm not buying much else right now.


Butter London- Lillibet's Jubilee Nail Lacquer



I was on the fence about this shade until seeing it featured during a Butter London promo video at a Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show event. I would've brought it home with me yesterday, but my store was already sold out.  I can wait until Friday- or later. Prince's Plums is scheduled to arrive tomorrow to tide me over.

Pricing: $15



Hanae Mori Eau de Collection No 8 EDT



Twice a year, the Nordstrom Beauty Trend Show enables me in a way that I didn't see coming.  Despite having just purchased a fragrance yesterday (Dior Addict Eau Delice, for the record), I had a chance to test this fragrance and am in love. The brand rep called it "trouble in a bottle." I happen to agree.  It's primarily notes of cherry blossom and plum- perfect for fall.

Pricing: $99/ 3.4oz (why it didn't come home already)



Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow- Lagons



This picture is misleading- Lagons is a blue quad.  This was used in my makeup consultation this weekend at the Chanel counter, but I had to leave it (and the duo with 2 of the shades from this quad) behind due to budgetary reasons.  It's a blue quad, so it's a want, not a need.

$59, at Chanel counters.

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation:




With the change of seasons, it's time to move from my summertime tinted moisturizer to a foundation.  My HG foundation was reformulated a little over a year ago, so I'm still on the hunt for a replacement that's readily available. I've been testing 10- Ivory Light off and on since its release (a day here, day there) and think it's about time to commit.

Price/Availability: $48/ 1.0oz, only at Sephora.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.