Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Dreaming




It's Sunday, which means it's time for another installment of Sunday Dreaming.

Makeup and Fragrance







Jimmy Choo Flash


I've been in love with this scent since I first tried it this spring. If I didn't have so many fragrances, I'd have already purchased it.  It's clean, fresh, and in the same family as Marc Jacobs Dot.

Price/Availability: $ 55/1.3oz at Nordstrom or Sephora.




Speaking of Dot, Nordstrom is the first retailer I've seen with my favorite perfume product: the purse-sized spray.  I feel like sprays last longer on me than rollerballs, and will always get a purse spray whenever avaiable.

Price/Availability: $22, Nordstrom





I don't know why I don't own Chanel Vamp yet.  I picked up 18 Rouge Noir (the original) a couple of weeks ago, so I need this to round out my Chanel vampy nails collection.

Price/Availability: $27, wherever you find Chanel makeup (it's part of the permanent collection)


Chanel Les Beiges in No. 10:

I finally had a chance to test Les Beiges a couple of days ago. Although I have a HG finishing powder, I want to really see what this can do.  I have pretty even skin, so I'd like to see if (like they advertise) I could wear this in place of traditional foundation.  I have an appointment at the Chanel counter next weekend for an event at Nordstrom, so I'll pick the brain of the visiting MUAs.

Price/Availability: $59.50, 7 shades.  At your local Chanel counter.


Shoes, Jewelry, and Accessories:

I'm in full-on fall mode, even if the weather doesn't quite match up.  The final days of summer often lead to interesting combinations (ie today's outfit- a chiffon tiered skirt, Calvin Klein gold drapey shell, and jean jacket).  The key is finding the right items.


Carbon Copy Star Collar Necklace, $38 (via Nordstrom)






Jones New York Basic Slim Skirt- Spruce Multi

This stunning green tweed skirt literally stopped me in my tracks in the store the other day. It screams fall to me, and it's a well-tailored pencil skirt.  I need another pencil skirt for work like I need more nail polish (HA!), but this is a piece I'll be keeping an eye on in terms of sales.

Price/Availability: $79, Jones New York. I spotted this in-store at Lord and Taylor.  (Also available in plus sizing)




Women's Tiered Eyelet Chambray Skirt


To show you that I'm a huge fan of high/low, this is a piece I've been eyeing At Old Navy.  I'm a huge fan of investing in pieces for my work wardrobe, and finding cute seasonal items at places like Old Navy, H+M, etc. 

This skirt seems like a perfect transitional piece for this fall.  I could see it with any number of other pieces in my closet- and it's an easy-going weekend item.  Today's skirt is very similar to this, and also from Old Navy.

Pricing/Availability: $26.94, Old Navy.



That's it for this week- what's on your dream list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.