Monday, September 23, 2013

Kat Von D Shade Shifter Eyeshadow: Love Letter

Like the true romantic at heart, Kat Von D Shade Shifter Eyeshadow in Love Letter is meant for those romantic, sultry nights as your foolproof purple smokey eye.  Unlike the gold-copper Devotion, this is not for either the faint of heart or for the 9-5 world.


I love that each box is unique and allows the customer to easily identify which shade is in the box.



Like I mentioned in my review of Devotion, I'm a huge fan of the packaging on the Shade Shifter eyeshadows, which retail for $16 each, contain 0.09oz of product, and are available at Sephora exclusively.  The matte black case, clear window to allow easy identification of the product, and white tattooed flowers make a visually beautiful piece.



The ample compact, opened outside, in indirect natural light:








Another photo because it looks so different depending on the angle:




As I previously mentioned, each Shade Shifter comes with a large foam applicator meant for the custom wet/dry application.

There are 3 ways to apply these shadows.

  1. Dry, with a regular eyeshadow brush (leaves a wash of color)
  2. Dry, with provided foam applicator (dense, less duochrome)
  3. Wet, with provided foam applicator (rich payoff, most duochrome)

My swatches are of the final 2 methods.  All are dry (left) and wet (right)

Outside, in indirect light.  Dry--- wet



Inside, with no flash.  Dry--- wet




Inside, with flash. Dry--- wet




Overall, this is a rich color best suited for an alternative smokey eye.  It's beautiful, but I don't see myself using it on a daily basis for obvious reasons.  This is more of a metallic shade than a duochrome, but beautiful nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.