Monday, September 23, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips: Grandest Grape


We’ve finally reached the conclusion of this series of features on the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips balms, with shade 08 Grandest Grape.  This is both the moodiest and deepest shade in the range, and decidedly geared towards fall/winter.
First, the details:  Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips retail for $17 each, and are twist-up, non-sharpen lip products with 0.1 oz each.  They can be found at all major Clinique retailers.  This shade is opaque, and I get 2-3 hours of wear, then a pleasant stain on my lips after eating/drinking.

Grandest Grape is a deep berry/purple tint that’s wearable even with my very light skin.  This shade has already gotten a spot in my “go-tos” for the coming fall.  It reminds me a lot of Grape Kool-Aid.

Swatched outside, in indirect light:



Swatched inside, no flash:



Swatched inside, with flash (for glossiness):


On the lips, outside in indirect light with no flash:




On the lips, inside with flash:



Bottom Line: Like the rest, I find this to be a great collection, top-bottom.  With the many gift with purchase opportunities that Clinique offers, think about picking up a few of these shades.  Unlike their predecessors, they’ve got pigment to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.