Friday, September 27, 2013

Blistex Silk and Shine Lip Balm

Today is Day 1 of my feature on the top lip balms in my personal quest to find the best lip balm for the fall/winter.

Readers may be surprised to see that my first choice is a drugstore product.



Blistex Silk and Shine retails for $3.29 at your local drugstore, and contains a twist-up stick with 0.13oz of product.



Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (2.0% W/W), Octinoxate (7.5% W/W), Oxybenzone (2.5% W/W). Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Beherryl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Flavor, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isobutylparaben, Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Silk, Methylparaben, Mica, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Ozokerite, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Paraffin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Propylparaben, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Retinyl Palmitate, Saccharin, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil.


Blistex Silk and Shine contains SPF15.  I find it to leave my lips silkier than the original Blistex formula.  This is a basic go-to, and one that you'll always find in my stash.

It's a bit softer than many formulas, but won't melt from being in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.