Sunday, September 8, 2013

NOTD: Kickoff Sunday

It's only appropriate that my first blog post is a nail of the day. Of my many beauty products, I am first and foremost a nail polish junkie. I have more bottles in my collection than days in a year.

In honor of Kickoff Sunday, I bring you a Steelers-inspired mani by way of Julep Catrina.


I found Catrina to have a better than average yellow formula that was streaky on coat #1 but leveled out by coat 2.  All swatches are with 2 coats, no top coat. Please excuse the mess- this is pre-cleanup.



I went digging through my stash to see what colors might be potential dupes. I found 2.


L-R: NARS Amchoor, Julep Catrina, OPI The It Color

NARS Amchoor is slightly lighter and more true yellow, OPI The It Color darker and a bit more orange.  However, if you have either of these in your stash, Julep Catrina isn't unique enough to warrant the purchase.

Julep Catrina is described by Julep as "marigold creme" and was released as part of September 2013's Cityscape Collection.

Julep polishes are 4-free, and I generally get 2-3 days wear time (admittedly, I'm both very hard on nail polish and like to change my polish near-daily).

I received Catrina as a part of my Julep Maven subscription. If you're not a Maven, you can purchase it here.  However, Mavens receive 20% off all orders in addition to a monthly box.  Please consider using my Maven link to sign-up if you're not, since it helps me out tremendously!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.