Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Butter London Wink Colour Mascara

I'm a huge fan of Butter London's nail lacquers, but I had yet to try any of their color cosmetics (primarily the Lippies) until recently.  Fall 2013 brought about the Bespoke Colour Collection, available online and in-store at Ulta.

My favorite release of Summer 2013 was the L'ete Papillion de Chanel collection, and the most unexpected love of mine were the colored mascaras.  Since then, I've been on the hunt for a good purple mascara.  I stared down this release from Butter London a number of times before finally purchasing during the 21 Days of Beauty.

Butter London Wink Colour Mascara in Indigo Punk is a shimmering blue-purple mascara, weighing in at 0.32 fl oz.  It retails for $20.



To get a better look at the mascara wand, here's the LE Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Zest for a comparison.



Here's the mascara against my hand, first indoors with flash:



And outdoors in indirect light:



As far as the formula, I wanted to love it.  On its own, it didn't do much.  Layered over black, it showed up on my lashes- but was a bit on the dry side.



I do love looking at this tube of mascara- but I think I'm going to be continuing to look for that HG purple mascara.  Wink Color mascara is a fun accent, but it's not really suitable for a daily staple for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.