Friday, September 20, 2013

NOTD: Dior Galaxie

Today I bring you the other polish from Dior's Mystic Metallics Fall 2013 collection: Dior Galaxie.  Whereas its sister, Destin, is understated in its sophistication, Galaxie is a sultry, in-your-face plummy red vamp that will steal the show!



Just look at that shimmer... Dior is gaining on Chanel in terms of its legendary shimmer.

I found this to be incredibly easy to work with.  I used 2 coats in these swatches, but Galaxie is easily a one-coater.



Here's some other shades for comparison.  As you might guess, I'm a sucker for a vampy red.  Companies may as well just take my money in advance!

2-coat swatches, from left-right:


  • Essie National Velvet (one of my old favorites, much lighter)
  • Chanel Gondola (still too light, but a recent acquisition you'll see in the coming days)
  • Chanel Metal Grenat (close in terms of the metallic sheen, but not plummy enough)
  • OPI Skyfall (too brick red, but a beautiful creme)
  • Dior Galaxie
  • Chanel Malice (right amount of shine, but not enough plum. Yum, I've missed this one)
  • Essie Material Girl (probably the closest)

Bottom line: Beautiful plummy vamp for fall. I love these type of colors, so I'm glad it's a part of my collection. I can see this getting a lot of wear once the temperatures fall.

Price: $24

Availability: Dior, Nordstrom, Sephora, Macys, and your local counters. It's also LE, but not selling as quickly as its sister Destin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.