Friday, September 13, 2013

Chanel Rouge Allure Moire Collection



Chanel promotional photos, via La Chanelphile


I'm very happy to report that Chanel Rouge Allure Moire collection has landed at counters as of today.  I personally saw the collection at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and Lord and Taylor while I was at the mall earlier, although I'd assume all chains have it. I had a chance to play with the collection in-store today, and brought home just the two new Le Vernis shades- Rose Moire and Rouge Moire.  Full reviews to come in the next few days (sidetracked by unexpected houseguests).

The collection:

Le Vernis:
  • Rose Moiré – Light Pearly Rose (very metallic but I suspect that it will be a favorite of mine for the office.  I'll be watching the formula and comparing carefully to Sky Line.)
  • Rouge Moiré – Pearly Red (just from eyeballing the bottle, it reminds me of a cooler cousin to Rouge Carat

Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss:
  • Réflexion – Shimmering Pink  (this is beautiful, reminded me of any number warm pinks in my collection)
  • Controversy – Brown Plum (it reads far more plum than brown on me, and it's going to be perfectly on-trend this fall/winter. If I was going to pick up one of the two, it'd be this one.)


Rouge Allure Lipsticks: (this is my least-favorite Chanel lip formula despite adoring Pirate as a HG red. I find it very drying and rarely find a color that can justify the price tag.
  • Indecise: Shimmering pink beige (automatic pass due to lip pigmentation)
  • Etonnante: Bright pearly peach (I wanted to love this, it just looked awkward and dried my lips. Similar tones to Urban Decay Streak)
  • Surprenante: Sparkling fuschia (this was still too light to be seen on my lips!  Of the colors, this was the one that I naturally gravitated towards)
  • Impulsive – Bright Shimmering Pink Red (It felt like I'd seen i before)
  • Audacieuse – Shimmering Pink Red(It finally was intense enough be seen on my lips, but it overpowered my skin.
  • Énigmatique – Shimmering Brown Red (Nice for fall, but lighter lips are necessary.
  • Ambigüe – Pearlescent Berry (Medium -to-dark complected ladies should take a look at this to me so on-trend.
  • Farouche – Shimmering Chocolate Brown (I didn't try this)
Le Crayon Lèvres (Precision Lip Definer) 
  • Rose Poudré – Muted Rose- SAs were pushing these as being univeral.
  • Rose Ardent – Bright Pink
Overall, I'm thrilled to have the polishes I've been stalking for 10 days. It's a very "pretty" collection, but there's nothing life-changing in it. More to come tomorrow on this collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.