Monday, September 23, 2013

Kiehl's Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo + Conditioner

I'll admit it.  I'm a huge faker.  When it comes to my hair color, that is.

Although most people would assume that my luscious locks were naturally their current color (and they've been so for seven years!), I was blessed with hair known as  "dishwater blonde", "bleh", "nothing", "boring", "bland", and other terms of affection by my various hairdressers.  So, I combat my less-than-exciting hair in the only way that a modern woman can: I color it. Obsessively. And deny, deny, deny that it's another other than natural.

Anyone has who has had a long-term commitment to color-treated locks knows that finding the right shampoo and conditioner are key.  For years, I've been an Aveda girl.  I still reach for it when I get a chance to go to an Aveda salon, but I've started to enjoy some variety in my hair routine.


I was introduced to Kiehl's for the first time during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale when I started chatting with one of the brand reps.  He sent me on my way with a handful of samples, one of which I had to buy almost immediately (Argan Oil Conditioner).  That led me down the path towards my current new loves: Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo + Conditioner.

Sunflower Color Preserving Shampoo retails at $18/8.4 fl oz, and Sunflower Color Preserving Conditioner retails at $19/6.8fl oz.

Like the other Kiehl's hair products I've tried, these do not lather, and are sulfate-, silicon-, and paraben-free. It takes a bit of adjustment, but my hair is softer, shinier, and healthier than ever.  Despite monthly abuse, my hair is in great condition.  Unlike some of the other color-protecting products I've tried lately (B+B), these don't weigh my hair down or leave a greasy feeling partway through the day.  The best unexpected bonus?  The delicious peach scent.

Bottom Line: If you've got color-treated hair, check this line out. Kiehl's as a whole believes in sampling; try before committing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.