Friday, September 27, 2013

Chanel Ombre Essentielle Mono Eyeshadow 88 Vert Khaki

One of the things I've committed myself to as a makeup lover is continually challenging my own abilities and exploring new colors. Where most people would hit the drugstore or a fabulous in-house brand like Sephora Collection to do so, naturally I head for Chanel.

Khaki green (especially the brown-leaning tones) is one of those colors that should theoretically pop against my blue eyes.  And much like pinks, I continue to struggle with just the right looks in this shade.

In general, the Chanel Ombre Essentielle Mono Eyeshadow collection retails for $28.50 each, and are available via Chanel and all regular Chanel makeup retailers.  There are currently 22 shades listed on Chanel's website, with only one of them limited edition. 88 Vert Khaki is part of the permanent collection.

Formula-wise, this is a beautiful powder eyeshadow that works equally well wet or dry.  Chanel provides a small foam applicator wand, and the shadow itself has a small velvet dustcover.  It's in the standard Chanel glossy black compact with white embossed logo.




And here's a look at the bottom:



And finally, a look at the color, in full sun:




This shows the multi-dimensional shimmer that made me fall in love with this shade.

Believe it or not, this is the same color, in natural light (but not in the sun):




It looks completely different- and far more brown-toned.

Vert Khaki swatches with more consistency than the prior photographs might suggest.

First, inside with no flash:

It looks a lot more brown in this scenario.

Next, inside with flash (there's the metallic aspect showing up):


It still reads more of a brown with green undertones here to me.

And finally, outside in indirect sun (I only get direct sun for a couple of hours per day, max):



This is the photo that looks the most green to me.


My prior experiences with browns and brown-green duochromes mean that I should adore this shadow.  I just haven't found the right look, but I'll keep looking.  Overall, I think it's a wonderful fall color and ladies with a darker collection than I would find it to be an easy neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.