Tuesday, September 10, 2013

NOTD: Chanel Sky Line

This post is a little early for a good reason.




Metallic sky blue is a nail color that many companies try, and polish addicts like me buy in bulk. Yet, its a color that's tricky at best. Too metallic, and it's only appropriate for a night out. Too subtle, and you may as well be wearing white.  Leave it to Chanel to make (in my opinion) the best formula.  I've worn this color to many events, including work (in a conservative office), a night out, and a family function.  It blended well everywhere.



Chanel Sky Line was a limited edition polish released in 2012.  I purchased mine online from Chanel, but the link has since been taken down. It's a shame since it's an incredible color.

Some others from my stash, for comparison:



L-R:
Julep Fina (more saturated blue than Sky Line)
OPI Moonraker (close- but darker and more of a grey tint)
Chanel Sky Line
Dior Glacier (this used to be my go-to light blue; it's quite light in comparison)
Butter London Two Fingered Salute (pulls more grey, between Sky Line and Moonraker)

Bottom Line: The formula can be quite tricky to work with, but the payoff is worthwhile in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.