Monday, September 16, 2013

Lipstick Queen Jean Queen


Neither Lipstick Queen nor Jean Queen are new to the market, but I only recently discovered this brand when it expanded into my local Ulta less than a month ago.  It's hard to believe that I went decades without this line- it's my new favorite.  Yes, I find the formula superior to my beloved Chanels, Diors, and YSLs.

Today I am featuring my new daily go-to: Jean Queen.  This shade was designed to be the perfect shade to accompany that classic pair of jeans.  It may look great with jeans, but it's incredible on its own.

Let's start with the packaging.  Jean Queen is in a beautiful blue metallic bullet tube with just the right weight.  This lipstick feels significant without being heavy.



Once you open up the tube, you're greeted with a cheery pink hue.  It's saturated and just oozes classic chic.

Inside, with flash:





Outside, in indirect sun:







I could seriously stare at pictures of this shade all day long.

Lipstick Queen has two major formulas: Saint (10% opaque) and Sinner (90% opaque).  Although I suspect Jean Queen lies somewhere in the middle, it's more of a Sinner than a Saint.

Indoor swatches with flash, on my hand and on my lips:









Although I'm not necessarily a huge flash fan, this is the most true to how the shade looks right after application.


Indoor swatch without flash on my hand (you can still see the glossiness):



Finally, outdoor swatches in indirect light, on my hand and on my lips:





Jean Queen is truly one of those "my lips but better" shades. It's similar in a lot of ways to NARS Dolce Vita on my pigmented lips, but has much more shine. This formula is also one of the most comfortable on the market. It's moisturizing and feels nourishing to my lips. It has the best parts of the feel of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine.

Bottom Line:  This is one shade that should be flattering on most skintones, and the formula simply can't be beat. For a low-maintenance shade that's always appropriate, this should find a place into most makeup bags.

Price: $22

Availability: Lipstick Queen online, Ulta, Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.