Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes: Magical

Until now, I've been focusing on recent acquisitions.  While I'll still be doing that, I'm going to keep working my way through lines where I own most if not all of the range.  My series of features on the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips was my first attempt at this. Part of the best part of starting a beauty blog is getting to revisit purchases and realize why I liked or bought each item.

It's time to talk one of my favorite brands, Tarina Tarantino.  Many people don't realize that the collection is still available via Tarina's website; it wasn't discontinued after exiting Sephora in 2012.

Overall, I find Tarina's eyeshadows to be of extremely high quality and incredibly affordable price point.  Over these next few posts, I'll be showcasing some of my favorite products of all time.

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes retail for $32 via Tarina Tarantino. Each palette contains five eyeshadows, with a total net weight of 0.32oz among them.



Magical is one of my favorites of the Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes.  Per the website, the five shades are Pearl Ash Pink, Pearl Beige, Pearl Eggplant Purple, Creamy White Shimmer, and Pearl Soft Pink.  In my opinion, this is one of the most workable pink-toned neutral palettes I've seen.



All of Tarina's eyeshadows are best shown in the direct sun.



Pearl Ash Pink is one of my go-tos for a neutral eye. Generally, I have issues with pink eyeshadow, but Pearl Ash Pink has enough shimmer and a cool undertone that makes it very wearable with my blue eyes.  It's a perfect change for when nude eyeshadow isn't quite enough.

Outside, in indirect light


Outside, in direct sun

Pearl Beige is one of my favorite eyeshadow shades of all time.  You'll note just how far down this pan is.  It's just a perfect neutral that wakes up my blue eyes.


Outside, in indirect light

Outside in direct sun


Pearl Eggplant Purple is a sultry deep purple with just enough shimmer. I have used this both in smoky eyes and as an eyeliner.


Outside, in indirect sunlight


Outside, in direct sun


Creamy White Shimmer is a a pretty white shimmer, as the name would suggest. In terms of practicality, this is a nice highlighting shade for the inner eye.



Outside, in indirect sun

Outside, in direct sun



Pearl Soft Pink is a bit more saturated than the name would suggest. I've struggled to use this as an all-over color, but it can work up to the brow bone in a purple/pink smoky eye.

Outside, in indirect sun


Outside, in direct sunlight


Now, some swatches.

Outside, in indirect light:

L-R: Pearl Ash Pink, Pearl Beige, Pearl Eggplant Purple, Creamy White Shimmer, Pearl Soft Pink


Inside, with flash:


L-R: Pearl Ash Pink, Pearl Beige, Pearl Eggplant Purple, Creamy White Shimmer, Pearl Soft Pink


Inside, without flash:

L-R: Pearl Ash Pink, Pearl Beige, Pearl Eggplant Purple, Creamy White Shimmer, Pearl Soft Pink


I get 8-10 hours of wear when I use a primer.  When applying these shades, there is a significant amount of fallout. However, it's worth it.  Texture-wise, these are all silky smooth and the color payoff rich.  I find these palettes to be a great value.


Bottom Line: I may own all of the palettes in this line, but if you were only to pick up a couple of them, this would be one of the ones that I think everyone should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.