Tuesday, September 17, 2013

NOTD: Dior Destin


Today I bring you one of my unexpected favorites from Fall 2013: Dior Destin.  This is one of two regular nail polishes released with Fall 2013's Mystic Metallics collection.  I'll have the other (Galaxie) for you in the coming days.





Dior Destin is a complex metallic taupe that pulls grey-lilac on me.  This is the type of nail polish that oozes class and sophistication.  When I first bought it, I left this mani in-tact for 3 straight days. Destin is a perfect color for fall, and a color I initially passed on is likely to be one of my favorites for the season. It feels timeless, simple, and chic.  And really, what else can you ask for from your nails?


I usually get 3-5 days before Dior polishes chip on me, and the wider brush is one of my favorites to work with. Swatches are all 2 coats.


Some comparison swatches from my stash (L-R):


  • Chanel Quartz (pulls more true brown, right formula)
  • OPI The World Is Not Enough (close, richer brown but more glitter)
  • Dior Destin
  • Butter London All Hail the Queen (a little lighter, not metallic)
Bottom line: Instant classic.

Price: $24

Availability: Check your local Dior counters, since this LE polish is already out of stock at Dior and Nordstrom online.  I did find it at Macys and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.