Saturday, September 21, 2013

NOTD: Chanel Rose Moire

Today's NOTD is my favorite piece from the new Collection Rouge Allure Moire from Chanel. There's something about certain nail colors- they invoke specific feelings for the wearer.  I could wear Rose Moire for weeks on end- it's feminine, classy, and understated.






Rose Moire is not quite the true rose gold that I've read in other reviews.  It's a metallic pink that somehow manages to read both cool and warm, depending on the light.




Here it is outside, in indirect light.  It reads very cool in this picture.

Slightly out of focus, but the best representation of how it read on my nails.




Inside, flash makes it read far warmer than natural light.

The formula requires careful application.  However, I feel like the color payoff is worth it.  It reminds me of the pink version of another recent favorite: Sky Line



Price: $27/bottle (like other regular Chanel polishes)

Availability: this collection was at counters at Nordstrom (where I picked mine up), Bloomingdales, Macys, and Lord and Taylor.  As of now, it's not on Chanel.com, but Nordstrom and Saks have both Rose Moire and Rouge Moire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.