Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sephora + Pantone Universe Light Storm Liquid Eyeshadow

I promise to make an effort not to show products that aren't readily available on this blog, but I had this review ready to go before it disappeared from Sephora's website.  I have seen this in-store at a few locations, so you should still be able to find it at a local store.

In general, I've been a big fan of the Sephora + Pantone Universe collaboration the past few seasons.  Most of the products are above average quality for their price point, and they're generally unique.  While the Sephora + Pantone Universe Light Storm Liquid Eyeshadow is unique and a beautiful shade, I wasn't impressed with its performance.



I purchased this eyeshadow in Tuscany.  On the website, it looked to be a purple shade. When I received it, I actually double-checked both my invoice and the website to make sure they'd sent the correct shade.



Tuscany is actually a pinkish-bronzey color.  It's subtle and would appear to be a great base for a neutral eye.  I'm relatively new to liquid eyeshadow, but found this formula to be quick-drying.

This photo is wonky at best but is a good look at the applicator:


I tested this for two days, using NARS eyeshadow primer underneath (and a healthy coat of it, to be safe since some reviewers on Sephora's site complained of stinging).  I didn't experience any problems with comfort.  I also didn't experience any lasting color after about 4 hours.  It creased horribly, and faded before lunch.

It's a shame, because this color is so beautiful.

First, inside with flash.



Outside, in indirect light:







Bottom Line: If you're interested in playing with the formula and find it for sale, give it a shot.  It's just not worth the effort without the payoff. The color is beautiful, I just wish it lasted for more than four hours, especially with primer!

Availability: Sephora, variable pricing (I found it for $9 in the sale section)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.