Tuesday, September 10, 2013

NOTD: Chanel Infidele

With no Fashion's Night Out (FNO) this year in the US, I decided to celebrate the coming fall and fashion in my own way- pulling out one of Chanel's beautiful FNO polishes from 2012: Infidele.



Infidele is a beautiful, dusty, saturated mauve-pink. I've seen swatches vary wildly online, so much so that I waited until the past month to pick up my own bottle.  Shame on me, I should've gone for it last year and bought the matching lipstick.  Swatches are without topcoat, and 2 coats.  I still need to do some cleanup, obviously.



Infidele is one of those colors that makes you feel sophisticated and appropriate in any situation.  I only own a few polishes that inspire such feelings!



If you missed Infidele, here are some comparisons.



L-R: Chanel Splendeur (warmer, pinker, more fuschia)
Julep Nellie (more fuschia, warmer)
Chanel Elixir (lighter, warmer-toned)
Chanel Infidele
Chanel April (darker)

Bottom line: Love.  For any situation.  If the name hadn't already sold me, Infidele can go from shorts and a tank top to leather jacket and jeans to tweed suit-and everything between.

Cost: $27

Availability: I bought this from chanel.com recently, but I don't see it on the site anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.