Saturday, September 14, 2013

Late Summer Skincare routine (AM)

It's safe to say that my 9-5 is anything but. It's more like a 6:30-5, and involves getting up before civility sets in each morning.  Still, it's important to set the right tone for the day in terms of skincare and beauty.  Of course, it needs to be something easily comprehensible around 5AM.

My routine varies significantly with the seasons.  Here's my current morning skincare, late summer 2013




  • Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Creamy Cleanser: While the shower heats up (and my pores open up), this is the first product to hit my skin in the morning.
  • Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream:  I wasn't one for exfoliating my sensitive skin with any regularity until I received a deluxe sample of this product in a GWP.  Like many other ladies, I find it a perfect product to use in the shower.
  • First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads:  I like these pads- they're exfoliating cotton pads soaked in the product.  They're gentle, and supposed to be opening up pores.  I haven't noticed a significant reduction in the number of blemishes/blackheads/clogged pores that I have, but I've had multiple MUAs comment on my skin lately- and I only changed two products (this and the serum).  It's gentle enough that I can use it twice a day on sensitive skin.
  • Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: Full review coming in the next couple of days.
  • Shiseido Sunscreen: This is the item that varies the most per season. I'm ghostly white by nature, and use sunscreen accordingly. If I'm headed out into the actual sun, I use both the facial version and the body sunscreen. I also tuck the SPF35 lip balm under my lipstick.  During the winter, I often go days without seeing the sun (into work before sunrise, out following sunset), so I rely on the SPF built into my various products.
  •  Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Cream:  Confession time.  I'm not a fan of this product, but I was able to get it with a Sephora VIB code earlier this year and was looking for a lighter eye cream for the hot and humid summers. My beloved Shiseido eye cream is a bit rich for hot, humid, and in the 90s.  I had this perfectly good eye cream already in my stash.  I haven't seen any major improvements from this product, and won't be repurchasing it. Still, it does what I ask during the day.
  • Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid, SPF 15:  See review here.
  • Shiseido Benefiance Full Correction Lip Treatment:  I purchased this initially in March 2013 to qualifty for a GWP at Shiseido during the Nordstorm Beauty Trend Event. It's bay far the most expensive lip treatment I've tried, but is the only thing I own that soothes my inflamed lips after using a sugar scrub.  Due to the price, it's a pre-lipstick and pre-bed treat for my lips.
The key to all of these products is that they're all lightweight and absorb almost immediately. There's little to no downtime between products, which is key before the crack of dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.