Monday, September 30, 2013

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palette: Wonderful

Let's continue looking at one of my favorite brands, Tarina Tarantino.  Many people don't realize that the collection is still available via Tarina's website; it wasn't discontinued after exiting Sephora in 2012.

Overall, I find Tarina's eyeshadows to be of extremely high quality and incredibly affordable price point.  Over these next few posts, I'll be showcasing some of my favorite products of all time.


Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes retail for $32 via Tarina Tarantino. Each palette contains five eyeshadows, with a total net weight of 0.32oz among them.






All of these palettes have a holo coating on the compacts, and this photo gives a great shot of it:




Wonderful, a green palette, contains the following shades: Forest Green Shimmer, Pearl Golden Green, Brown with Gold Sparkle, Pearl Buttermilk, Pearl Gold.

Outside, in indirect light

In direct sunlight


Forest Green Shimmer is a deep green with visible golden flecks.

Outside, in indirect light

In direct sunshime

Pearl Golden Green is a mint shadow with a frosty kick. I don't get golden green out of it, rather a beautiful mint shade.


Indirect light, outside


In direct sunshine

Brown with Gold Sparkle is as the name states.  This works either in a deep smoky eye or as an eyeliner.

Outside, indirect light

Direct sunshine


Pearl Buttermilk is the light shade that's a prerequisite of every Tarina palette.


Outside, in indirect light

In direct sunshine


Pearl Gold is a rich golden brown.


Outside, indirect light
In full sun


And now, swatches.

First, outside in indirect light:

L-R: Forest Green Shimmer, Pearl Golden Green, Brown with Gold Sparkle, Pearl Gold, Pearl Buttermilk



Inside, with the flash on:

L-R: Forest Green Shimmer, Pearl Golden Green, Brown with Gold Sparkle, Pearl Gold, Pearl Buttermilk


Finally, inside without flash:

L-R: Forest Green Shimmer, Pearl Golden Green, Brown with Gold Sparkle, Pearl Gold, Pearl Buttermilk



I get 8-10 hours of wear when I use a primer.  When applying these shades, there is a significant amount of fallout. However, it's worth it.  Texture-wise, these are all silky smooth and the color payoff rich.  I find these palettes to be a great value.

Bottom Line: I've noted my ongoing struggles with green shadows in this blog before.  In terms of green shadows, it's beautiful. I primarily bought this because I love the formula in general, and was able to get it at a crazy price when the line was exiting Sephora.  If green is your color, this is your palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.