Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Wipes



If reviews had a soundtrack, this would be best represented by a sigh.  It's not for the reasons that you may suspect, though.

For years I've been extolling the virtues of high/low beauty, splurge/save.  I zeroed in on makeup removing wipes as one place where someone could easily save money.  Rationally, this product touches your face for little time, and there's not a difference between drug store wipes (average: $7/30 wipes) and high-end wipes (in this case, $15/30 wipes).

And then I really set out to test Philosophy Purity Made Simple wipes.  I think I've gone and fallen in love.

Ulta offered Philosophy Purity Made Simple wipes as a part of the 21 Days of Beauty promotion. At just $2 more than the Neutrogena wipes I've been using, why not test these?  Surely it would confirm that there's no real difference.

That's negative.  I've found Philosophy Purity Made Simple to outperform its drugstore counterparts at every turn.

Strength of product?  I was able to remove makeup that normally would take a targeted application of my Caudalie Cleansing Water or Laura Mercier oil free makeup remover with the same towelette.

Strength of wipe?  Once again, Philosophy gets the edge here.  I could ask far more from the cloth in terms of it not tearing.

Feel on skin? Once again, edge to Philosophy.  My skin felt good enough that I felt like I could've skipped cleanser.  No sticky film left by the product, and refreshed in total.

I don't know if it's worth the overall splurge, but I'm sorry that I only picked up one package of these while they were on sale.  For the record, I've never been impressed with the liquid form of Purity Made Simple.

Price: $15/30 wipes

Availability: Ulta, Philosophy, Sephora


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.