Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote

As part of that effort I've alluded to in bringing you more content that features items in various permanent collections, here's another gem: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote.




I'll state up front that I'm a huge fan of Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blushes.  They really do last all day- which can be a double-sided sword if you're less than careful applying in the morning.


Achiote is described as "honeysuckle."  Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes retail for $26 for 0.20oz, and are available at Tarte's website, Sephora, and Ulta.


Given my self-professed preference for lighter blushes and super pale complexion, you may be wondering what I'm doing with this color.  It was actually part of a larger gift set I picked up. However, I've enjoyed trying to figure it out.

It's quite pigmented in the pan:


Same blush, just with flash (closer to real life):


I had to include the obligatory close-up of Tarte's beautiful design on the pan:



Achiote is a very dark blush for me. I applied with a medium hand, but you can see it slightly blended out on the left side:

Outside, no flash:



Outside, with flash:



Inside, no flash:


Inside, with flash:




If I use just a bit of powder and blend very carefully, it awakens my cheeks.  I think this color would be perfect for medium-dark complexions.  It has the usual staying power and blends nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.