Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush Beige #10

Today's post is a fair warning to purchase a beautiful product which is going to disappear in the near future.  I first read about this terrible news on the Best Things in Beauty, one of the blogs that I really enjoy.  When I picked up my blush, I confirmed the discontinuation with the brand rep.  It's a shame, because it's such a lovely color.  It really is the perfect blush for everyone.



This is actually my second Sheer Blush #10.  It was the first blush that I ever finished, and I tried numerous others without repurchasing because I assumed it would still be around forever.  The early warning allowed me to rush out and re-buy an old favorite.

If you aren't familiar with this shade, you'll likely be confused by my photos. This product looks totally different, depending on the light. That's one of the lovely aspects of #10. It looks totally different in various lights, and is almost universally flattering. It's not too overpowering on my pale skin, but ladies of medium and dark complexions also love it.








A quick word on the vitals- Armani Sheer Blushes retail for $44 and contain 6g/0.21oz of product.  As of today, Sheer Blush is still available at counters and Armani's website.









Sheer Blush #10 (Beige) is a product that most love. It is extremely versatile and reads well with corals, pinks, and neutrals.

Just to show you how versatile it is, here's a few shots in different lighting. As I mentioned earlier, this reads like a different color in every situation- but always one that flatters.

In direct sun:






Outside, without flash:





Outside, with flash:






Outside, with flash (under porch):





Outside, no flash (under porch):





Outside, with flash (under porch):



Inside, no flash:





Inside, with flash:





I adore delightfully complex and shade-shifting products like this.

One of the reasons why I love this shade is that it doesn't overwhelm my fair skin. I tried to grab a decent amount of product for these swatches.

In direct sun:





Outside, no flash:






Inside, without flash:



Inside, with flash:


It's quite light on me, but does show up on darker complexions- I promise.  I find #10 to be that beautiful shade that you didn't know that you needed. It's a chameleon that makes you look better without looking like you're wearing a bunch of makeup. It's perfect in so many ways that my pictures simply don't do it justice.

I've pulled together a few other bloggers' take on this beautiful shade so that you can see more photos.  Please see The Beauty Look Book, The Best Things in BeautyDelicate Hummingbird, J'adore Rougit, The Beauty Junkee, and Lola's Secret Beauty Blog.



Bottom Line: I'll be sad to see this go.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to grab an old favorite; I'm debating whether to grab a backup but since I have so many other blushes I'll leave another out there for someone to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.