Thursday, March 13, 2014

That Magic Moment...

For beauty addicts, there is one feeling of utter joy and elation that can cause us to literally jump and twirl and leap like mad women possessed.

It's that magic moment where you track down an elusive item that you've been hunting for months and that you know will become a HG item for you.  You had it within grasp earlier- and passed on it.  And you've regretted it ever since.

I've experienced that joy several times recently, including finally finding an item that is out of stock online but was magically living on the West Coast, just waiting for a happy home.  The lovely SA who assisted me over the phone asked what time it was for me (it was close to closing time for them) and commented "wow, you really want this eyeshadow!".  Yes, fellow beauty addicts, what's a midnight phone call every now and then?

I'm even prouder because I've tracked down these items without resorting to evilbay.  What's the moral of this story?  Even in this digital age, don't be afraid to pick up the phone.  You might just find that elusive HG item- and a great new SA to work with!

For what it's worth, the stalking strategy is what netted me the Dior Summer 2013 blush brush (you know, the RED one) from Nordstrom when it reappeared on the site for a moment in February.  You'll have to wait to find out what my other items are (including the midnight phone calls and subsequent squee-ing/victory dance after I hung up).

What were your makeup victories?  And what are you still looking for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.