Friday, March 28, 2014

Tom Ford Lip Color- Indian Rose

It seems that Tom Ford lipsticks multiply when left alone.  Somehow I've gone from 0 to 1 to 3 in less than a month's time. They're each unique, classic shades that I will treasure.



Today I'm going to share with you my latest Tom Ford Lip Color, 04 Indian Rose.






Indian Rose is a lovely nude rose shade that is without shimmer but packed with pigment.  I debated between Spanish Pink and Indian Rose for my "nude" selection from the line but ultimately landed on Indian Rose because it's a shade or two darker. Karla Sugar has a great group swatch. This promo image of the original line also gives you a good feel for the difference.  I also stumbled onto this blog with a duo swatch recently.  I may try Spanish Pink at a counter in the future, but I felt that Indian Rose was a safer bet for my pigmented lips.


Isn't it glorious?





This is actually my perfect MLBB shade and I can already predict it will become a permanent resident of my cosmetic bag (Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Boy is the other).  This shade is always appropriate for my office- or any time.

This lovely rose shade is actually a popular shade for fair beauties, according to the brand rep that I spoke with.  She named several high-profile actresses known for their ivory complexions as having worn this shade to A-list events in the last couple of years. I hate to admit it, but that's what swayed me towards this shade rather than Spanish Pink.

Let's look at some swatches, and then I have a rare lip comparison swatch for you.

First, on my lips.  Outside, no flash:


Outside, with flash:





It's such a glorious rose, isn't it?  Normally I'd start with my hand swatches but I think it's a color best appreciated on the lips.  Tom Ford's formula is creamy and opaque, but this is quite similar to my natural lip color.  I hate to say it, but this is my HG professional/MLBB shade. Period.

OK, some swatches on my hand.

Outside, with flash:





Outside, no flash:





Inside, no flash:


Inside, with flash:



Although this shade is incomparable, it reminded me of another shade I bought in the last few months: Dior Rosewood Serum de Rouge.  They're fairly similar, which you can see.  If Tom Ford's $49 pricepoint is a bit above your comfort level, the Dior retails for $34.

Outside, without flash:


Inside, with flash:


I feel like the formula is different enough to justify having both shades in my collection.  I'm in love with every Tom Ford shade I've selected- and I find it increasingly difficult to reach for anything else these days.  I purchased mine at Nordstrom, but you can also find Tom Ford Beauty at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales, and Saks Fifth Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.