Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lancome Lip Lover #361 Violette Pirouette

This will be the last shade of the new Lancome Lip Lover line that I feature for the season; with nine selections, I truly believe I've got my bases covered and then some.  Look for an overall post summarizing my thoughts in the next couple of days.


By now, you should be familiar with the basics on Lancome's Lip Lover line from this blog, so I'll keep this focused on this shade.



Violette Pirouette is an intense purple shade that reads more orchid on the lips.  Although Sephora incorrectly lists Fuchsia Attitude as a purple, this is the sole true purple shade in the line.

Here's a good look at the wand:






I wouldn't have thought to make this comparison, but I happened to have this shade on my nails when I initially swatched it.  It's quite similar to Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in African Violet.





Here are some quick swatches before I get into details:

Outside, no flash:





Outside, with flash:





Inside, without flash:





Inside, with flash:


And on my lips:





I've always been apprehensive when it comes to purple lip products, but this is a totally wearable interpretation. I think this is spot-on when I hear "Radiant Orchid," and it balances the sheer/pigmented spectrum well.  I tested this for a day and got lots of comments, especially as the shine faded to a lovely satin finish.  During a work day, I only had to reapply once, after lunch.

I decided to pull a couple of comparison swatches in the line.  First, I just want to demonstrate how flat out wrong Sephora's swatch description for #339 is- and where #361 sits in terms of being one of the darker shades in the line.

Shade names for reference:
#339- Fuchsia Attitude
#361- Violette Pirouette
#362- Bordeaux Tempo

Outside, no flash:



Outside, with flash:



First, can we all agree that there is absolutely nothing purple about #339? Thank you.  Violette Pirouette is one of the darkest shades in the line, but still quite light in comparison to #362.

Overall, I find this to be a 100% on-trend must-have.

Although I suspect a couple of other neutral shades may find their way into my stash, this is the last individual post for this line in this set of reviews.  I'll be pulling together my overall impressions of the line shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.