Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab

I bought Deborah Lippmann's Gel Lab set when it was first introduced last year and absolutely loved it. Due to the price (now $45), I didn't immediately repurchase.




There are many gel-like sets now on the market.  Admittedly, I haven't tried them all but I really do like Gel Lab.







Since I'm partway through my second bottle of each, I can truly give a good review.  I've found that Gel Lab works best with Deborah Lippmann polishes.  I've gotten up to one week's wear out of Careless Whisper and Modern Love.  It also worked well with Tom Ford Nail Lacquer, allowing me a full work week with one mani.  I had mixed results with Chanel and Dior polishes.

Gel Lab topcoat provides an incredibly shiny finish, mimicking what I believe gel nails look like (I've never had them).  Although I don't get the super long wear, I'm almost ok with buying this set just for the finished product.

I'm also looking to try Butter London's set- and when I do, I'll compare it.  Overall, this is the best basecoat/topcoat duo I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.