Monday, March 10, 2014

Dior Addict Lip Gloss #576 Bed of Roses

Today I'm going to share with you one of the lovely Dior Addict lip glosses.  Dior Addict #576 Bed of Roses is a "petal pink shimmer."  I think it's just lovely.



Bed of Roses is one of the permanent shades in the Dior Addict Lip Gloss line, which retails for $29.50 at Dior counters.  This color was launched in Spring 2013 when the entire line was re-done.






I find Bed of Roses to be the perfect counterpoint to another Dior Addict Lip Gloss, Princess.  Princess is a sparkling, cool-toned pink.  Bed of Roses is a warm, shimmering pink with less obvious glitter on the lips.  I'll be honest- I'm just getting into gloss these past few years, so I'm not an expert in mixing and matching.  Unless there's a corresponding lipstick being promoted, I tend to just wear glosses alone.

Bed of Roses is a perfect spring pink- and is a perfect matching lip.  I find it perfectly appropriate for most circumstances, including work.  Although I work in a conservative office, this isn't a glitter bomb by any stretch of the imagination.  Bed of Roses gives a beautiful pink hue to your lips without being overdone.


I think the Dior Addict Gloss wand is one of my favorite parts of the product. You can control the amount and application so much better than the foam-type wands.




Since my lips are so pigmented, I prefer to show you gloss swatches on my hand as to feature the color.

Outside, without flash:



Outside, with flash:



Inside, with flash:






Inside, without flash:





Looking at these photos, I find either the inside with flash or outside without flash truest to real life.  As you can tell, this is a pigmented lip gloss, so it does work on lips with their own pigmentation.  I get 2-3 hours of wear- or until I eat/drink with this.

Bottom Line: I love this gloss and just hadn't featured it on the blog.  Consider this part of my effort to show more permanent-line products since there tends to be fewer reviews out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.