Thursday, March 20, 2014

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Cream

I don't often do skincare reviews on this blog, mainly because I tend to stick with what works for me, and because I truly find it disingenuous to review skincare that I haven't tested for an extended time (at least a month).

Around the beginning of December, I noted that my skin was a bit dry during the day. I'd previously been using Shiseido's Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Emulsion, a bit lighter formula, paired with the Benefiance Night Cream for moisture. Not realizing just how brutal the winter would end up being, I upgraded to Shiseido's Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Day cream.


Here's a good look at the ingredients for those of you who are into that:


Like the Night Cream, the Day Cream is in a short tub, compared to the tall pump of the Emulsion.  That makes for far easier identification.  The Day Cream also has an iridescence to the jar, unlike the frosted jar of the Night Cream.




This shot will show you just how rich this is- and how little you really need.



I don't know where my skin would be without this.  I think it'll be too rich once the uber-awful winter breaks, but my skin was crying for the added moisture.  It sinks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy wake.  I'm able to continue on with my routine after a minute or so- which is key for a day cream.  This has SPF18, which is a nice amount for the winter- especially since I rarely see the sun!

Bottom Line: If Shiseido's skincare is compatible with your skin, this will likely work for you. If you're in need of a very rich day cream, I highly recommend this.

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Cream retails for $53 and includes 1.8oz of cream. It's available via Shiseido, Sephora, and Shiseido counters.

2 comments:

  1. I bought the day cream per your recommendation (shiseido) and have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's going to be the way to go this summer, but as bad as this winter has been I'm glad I stepped it up from the emulsion!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.