Saturday, March 1, 2014

Drybar The Morning After Shower Cap

All of my fellow redheads who need a bit of chemical assistance understand me on this one: being a redhead is tough, expensive, and time-consuming.  Unlike blondes and brunettes who can easily go 8-12 weeks between trips to the salon, based on their cut and how fast their hair grows, by week 4, the luster has already significantly faded from my red locks.

But what does this have to do with an expensive shower cap?  Stay with me, readers.

One of the most critical things with getting your hair dyed red is avoiding fading as long as possible.  Prolonging the time before the first wash as long as possible after visiting the salon is one of the best ways to do that.  So is not washing your hair every day.  If you take a shower; however, keeping your hair dry is easier said than done.  Especially if your hair is long.

Enter my quest for a good shower cap.  We've all seen ladies wearing less-than-chic and less-than-waterproof caps outside.  I wanted to avoid that as much as possible.  I also live by the motto of "buy once, but buy good" for most things.  And shockingly enough, it's actually hard to find a shower cap these days!

Enter Drybar's The Morning After Shower Cap.  Stock photo via Sephora:


The genius about this shower cap is that it has two distinct layers.

The outside of this shower cap is thick, waterproof vinyl with a pretty yellow pattern:





I can attest that it really is waterproof.

The genius of this cap is the inner layer.  It's white terrycloth.




That's what actually touches your hair and your skin.  It absorbs any water that may come near the cap, and further helps to keep everything dry.  The terry acts as a sponge, keeping all moisture off of your pinned-up locks.

I didn't detect any smell from the time that I took it out of the box, and I allow it to dry outside of the shower, on a doorknob. If necessary, it can be washed.  After using it heavily for one week and at least 1-2 times a week for the next few, it's still in great condition, no signs of mildew, and going strong.

Yes, $15 for a shower cap is hefty. However, I consider this the answer to a problem I've been struggling with for years.

It's available exclusively at Sephora.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.