Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sephora Formula X: Wunderkind and Formula X: The System

Today's NOTD doubles as a formula review.  At a local VIB Rouge event, I had my nails done.  The cast member used Formula X: The System on my nails, giving me the ability to test its durability.

Wunderkind is a beautiful darkened indigo/purple shade.  Sephora describes this as "midnight blue pearl".  These swatches are with two coats, and with The System.







The System consists of four steps.

Photo credit: Sephora website

Step 1: Cleanse.  Following nail polish removal, Cleanse will finish cleaning the nail and provide a better base for the base coat to adhere.

Step 2: Base Coat. This is designed for the Formula X System

Step 3: Color

Step 4: Top Coat. Formula X is shiny as-is, but this will kick it up about 10,000 notches.

Overall, I loved the look that Formula X: The System gave me. It looked gel-like, but my nails ate the polish like usual.  I had my nails done on Sunday morning. By Sunday night, there was a small chip on two of the nails.  By Monday night, I had to remove the polish because half of my index nail was gone.  Others have gotten much longer wear than I did, but The System wasn't a success for me.  However, I'll likely still pick it up because I prefer to pair matching base/top coats with my polishes when possible and it's a decent deal.

Pricing/Availability: Formula X polishes are $10.50-$12.50 at Sephora, The System retails for $32 with your choice of polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.