Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ulta Super Shiny Lip Butter- Dubai

Today I bring you a bit of an impulse purchase.  I was poking around in Ulta one day and started swatching lippies. I was intrigued by the lip butters, and the city name shades sealed it for me.


Looking online, there are 10 shades of Ulta Super Shiny Lip Butters- my store had about 5 of them in stock.



Dubai is a grape/berry shade and the darkest of the offerings.  It weighs in at 3.3g/0.12 oz and touts itself as a highly moisturizing lip butter.

Let's look at some swatches.

Outside, in indirect light:


On my pigmented lips:







Inside, with flash:




On my lips, with flash:



In terms of wear time/longevity, the biggest knock on this product is the need for frequent reapplication. However, I find that to be the case with most moisturizing products.  It lasts around an hour, leaving a pleasant stain on my lips for a couple additional hours.


Bottom Line: It's a nice natural color and nice to have in your bag for a quick punch of color. At this price point (as well as the frequent sales), I'll likely try a couple other shades in this range.

Price/Availability: $8.00, exclusively at Ulta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.