Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Clinique All About Shadow- 02 Black Honey

I have a problem, dear readers.  And its name? Black Honey.  The cult favorite has me by its sweet, sultry grip this fall.  If I was to sum up my makeup this fall in one color, it'd be Black Honey.  You're going to be seeing a lot of different Black Honey products on this blog over the next few days- hold on, it's going to be a beautiful ride!

Let's start with the fundamentals.  For those living under a rock since the 1980s, Black Honey is a classic Clinique Almost Lipstick that looks scary in the tube but is a perfect fall stain on anyone's lips, no matter the pigmentation.  Its siren color has spawned many different forms of it.  Today, we'll talk about Clinique All About Shadow.


Admittedly, it's been many years and several repackaging cycles since I last bought a Clinique All About Shadow single, so I was glad to have the opportunity to give Black Honey a test.

Clinique All About Shadow comes in a mirrored-front compact with clear bottom (for easy identification of the shade). It weighs in at .07oz/2.2g and retails for $15. You won't be seeing the front because I couldn't get a good photo sans camera reflection on the compact.



Black Honey in this form is a show-stopping warm rosy brown with a decidedly burgundy shimmer.  I love this shade because it's one of those take-your-breath-away pops of color for icy blue eyes (of which I own a pair).  Sheered out or applied with a light hand, it's office appropriate.  Layered on as part of a smoky eye, it's a sultry, deep brown that makes your eyes go ka-POW!


Now that I've raved, here's a couple of swatches:

Outside, in natural light

Inside, with a bit of flash


Bottom Line: Just go get it. Trust me.  You can find it at your local friendly Clinique counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.