Sunday, October 20, 2013

NOTD: Clinique A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skin- Black Honey & Formula Review

Today's NOTD is another of those bonus posts I've been doing lately, where I'm reviewing a new nail formula as well as showing you a yummy NOTD.  If you pay attention carefully, there's a new tag on the post.  I have a slight obsession with every product that Clinique releases in the Black Honey range, and I'll be bringing you a number of them over the next couple of weeks.

Today's NOTD is Clinique Black Honey, from the A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skin Line launched this summer.  Swatches are with three coats, using the A Different Nail Enamel Base/Top Coat.

Outside, but with flash


This is a luxurious, saturated shade that is similar to the appearance of the famous shade in the tube.

I love it.


In terms of the formula, I'm still experimenting with it a bit.  I enjoyed it, but was very careful to use thin coats.  There was a significant difference in terms of wear time when I used the base coat versus when I used my normal Deborah Lippmann base coat.  I got 2.5 days of wear before the first chip appeared, which is exceptionally good for me.

I love the price point ($12.50).  I don't get the overly negative reviews on a number of retailer websites.  Just use the base/top coat (it's a 2-in-1) and thin coats and you'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.