Sunday, October 6, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Wicked Nail Lacquer Trio

Today's featured nail set combines three of my favorite things: nail polish, Deborah Lippmann, and Broadway musicals.  Wait, what?

As it turns out, Deborah Lippmann is also a huge Broadway fan, and in honor of Wicked's 10th anniversary (October 30th, to be exact) she created a mini polish trio that pays homage to the show.












Here's a better look at the three polishes:





The three polishes are: Popular, Defying Gravity, and One Short Day.  Each polish is 8ml/.27fl oz.



Popular is described as "Glinda's glittering pink".  It's a semi-sheer, saturated pink that immediately reminded me of Chanel Tentation in terms of the color.



I compared it to Chanel Tentation and found that the effect is similar, but the Chanel is darker, more saturated, and opaque in one coat. This is 3 coats Popular vs 2 coats Tentation:




Defying Gravity is described as "Elphaba's unlimited green." It's very close to the MAC Landscape Green pigment that's used by the actual production. I know I didn't have anything like this (emerald creme that reads slightly flat), so I didn't pull any comparisons:




One Short Day is described as "positively perfect emerald."  It's the glitter of the group, although the glitter is smaller than most Deborah Lippmann polishes.




Bottom Line: I didn't have dupes for any of these colors in my extensive nail wardrobe, so I think they're a great addition for just about everyone. Broadway lovers will love the nod to the show, and nail polish lovers will just love the colors.

Pricing/Availability:  $29, via Deborah Lippmann's website or Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.