Friday, October 11, 2013

Make Up For Ever Aqua Aqua Eyes 25L Matte Brown

I featured this eyeliner as one of my Sunday dreaming items a couple of weeks ago. I use Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes 0L (Mat Black) as my daily go-to for tightlining, and I've been dying to try the (somewhat) newly-released Matte Brown as a softer alternative.

For those who aren't familiar, Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes eyeliners are the gold standard for waterproof eyeliners. These bad boys don't budge unless you use eye makeup remover.  For those of us who start our days doing makeup way before 8am, they're a godsend.


Make Up For Ever #25L is "dark chocolate brown" and was first released in Summer 2013.  It appears to be a permanent addition to the line, and retails for $19 exclusively at Sephora.






It has the normal tip, and is a beautiful dark brown:






Let's look at a couple of swatches:

Outside, in indirect light:






Inside, with flash:





Swatched and on the eye, it's a rich milk chocolate rather than a dark mocha.  I've found it to work beautifully with a brown smokey eye or as an accent to gold polish.  Although black eyeliner makes my blue eyes pop, this is a perfect alternative for days I want to go for a more natural look.



Bottom Line: I highly recommend purchasing this for your eyeliner wardobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.